1. Obtain information about participating institutes and their vacancies
If there are any vacancies of interest published on the webpage of a participating institute, please apply directly to the responsible Principal Investigator (PI).
If there are no vacancies suiting your interests, you can send an application to the Graduate office. Please note that sending applications makes sense only if you can show outstanding results of your study courses.
2. Download and fill in the application form.
3. Complete your application
by adding the following documents translated into English or German:
- Proposal and description of your PhD project, including the HIRST PI and institutes you would be interested to work with (1 page)
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- Academic certificate of successful completion (BSc., MSc., diploma, …)
- Transcripts of records, including grades from each course taken
- Secondary school certificate
- Letter of recommendation by a professor of your current university
- If you are applying for a specific position at a HIRST institute, please also attach a letter of recommendation by the respective PI. This letter should also include the related research areas of your project work and the name of the co-advising professor.
4. Send your complete application in one single PDF file
to the Graduate Office via e-mail to stefanie,peer∂kit.edu.
After the application, the HIRST Coordination Committee will decide which candidates will be offered a scholarship.